Last month I created a meatball recipe that mimicked the taste of gyro meat in the post My Gyro Obsession and The Meatball Solution. Well I have taken the same principles and applied them to meatloaf for even better results. This is the best tasting meatloaf I’ve ever had. It tastes like just gyro meat.
Summary: A meatloaf that tastes like gyro meat.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 onion, diced, dried in paper towel
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of marjoram
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of ground rosemary
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- In a large bowl mix every ingredient together thoroughly.
- Place mix into a baking pan. I like the larger Pyrex baking dishes.
- Heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Test internal temperature for 160 degrees.
I’ve made this recipe using all ground beef and it tastes great that way as well.
To make it even better, add some Tzatziki Sauce. Feta cheese and tomatoes too!
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free