I’m currently in negotiations with a party interested in buying the criticalmas.com domain. I was not looking to sell the domain. They approached me. All the content would still belong to me. They only want the domain name.
Depending on how negotiations go, the sale may or may not happen. However, if it does happen, things will move fast. I’ll need to inform every one of my email change and I’ll need to figure out where to move all the content on this site. That could happen in as fast as a week, but more likely 2-3 weeks.
I put the probability of a sale happening at 50% right now.
Moving the blog means that all the links and bookmarks to this site will break. My traffic will definitely take a hit until the search engines find the new location. And it likely won’t recover fully for a long time. I’m OK with that, considering I would be fairly compensated.
Staying in Contact
So, how are you going to know where I am at should you visit this site and I’m not here? Including the page, you are reading now. Here are a few ways:
- Follow me on Twitter: @CriticalMAS I’ll make an announcement and pin the Tweet.
- Follow or Friend me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michaelallensmith Normally, I don’t post there, but for this, I will.
- Subscribe to the CriticalMAS newsletter. I still have to figure out the EU privacy rules. I’m hoping I get it right and it doesn’t impact my MailChimp account.
- Bookmark michaelallensmith.com or my GitPage. Right now both sites serve as project portals.
If the sale happens, I see a few options for this blog.
- I can move it to MichaelAllenSmith.com.
- Start a new domain and move it there.
- Move the content to Medium.com.
- Something else?
If you have an opinion on the best route, leave a comment. Medium is the only domain not owned by me that I would trust with my content.