Do you read any blogs that just seem to have too many posts to read? Perhaps you are only interested in reading certain posts. With Yahoo! Pipes you can easily create a custom web page and RSS feed to handle your filtering requests.
- Go to Yahoo! Pipes. Get an account if you don’t have one.
- Select CREATE A PIPE.
- On the left side, drag a FETCH FEED module from the Sources onto the grid canvas.
- Add the URL of the RSS Feed for the Blog you are interested in filtering. For this example, I will be using the financial blog The Big Picture.
- Expand the Operators section and drag a FILTER module onto the grid canvas.
- Drag a PIPE to connect the FETCH FEED to the FILTER.
- Create your FILTER rule. For this example, I am going to PERMIT ALL items that follow the Rule: item.category CONTAINS “Psychology/Sediment”.
- Drag a PIPE from the bottom of the FILTER to PIPE OUTPUT.
- Save the PIPE.
- Run the PIPE. Now you will see a page displaying just posts in the Psychology/Sediment category. This page will also have its own RSS feed.
- At this point, you can optional publish the PIPE to allow other users access.
2015 UPDATE: Yahoo Pipes! is being shutdown