Trader Joe’s sells packages of organic chicken drumsticks for about $3.30. That yields two meals. This week I made the absolutely best chicken drumsticks I’ve ever had using a Cajun Seasoning spice sent to me by Aviva, who lives in the New Orleans area. This Cajun Seasoning spice blend includes salt, garlic, red pepper, paprika and green onion.
This meal is silly simple and at $1.65 per portion, it is also very affordable. And I used organic chicken. If you decide to use conventional chicken you can make this dish for under a $1.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pour some olive oil or melted butter on thawed chicken.
- Add Cajun Spices to the chicken. You can rub it in if you like.
- Put chicken in oven. Let it go 10 minutes and then drop the heat to 350.
- My oven takes about 30 minutes before the internal temperature of the chicken hits 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven. Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve.
My side dish was steamed broccoli with a little butter.
Cajun Chicken Drumsticks