I’ve received a few requests asking me what foods I eat and which ones I avoid. I slapped a date on this post, because I expect it to change over time. Although I don’t expect major changes, there will be minor adjustments from time to time.
What I Eat
- Pastured organic meat.
- Clean seafood.
- All non-starchy vegetables, often organic.
- Palm oil, coconut oil, olive oil, butter, lard, tallow, ghee
- Yogurt (plain, organic and full fat)
- Coffee and Tea
- Dark Chocolate (73% and higher)
- Fruit occasionally and when in season, not daily.
What I Don’t Eat
- Vegetable oil
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Factory Farm meat
- Dirty seafood
- Starchy veggies
- Grains – no bread, no gluten, no pasta
- Processed food
- Soy products
- Any food from China.
- All caloric beverages except Kombucha (fermented tea).
- Sweet potatoes on days I lift weights.
- Milk when it inside a recipe or the rare macchiato.
- Quinoa and other non-gluten grains on days I lift weights.
- Ice cream is my chosen special treat. (Haagen-Dazs 5)
Trying to Eliminate from Diet
- Most nuts, unless soaked.
- Beans, unless sprouted.
- Regular oatmeal as it can contain gluten. Irish / Steel Cut is a better option.
- I am using the Italian definition of macchiato, not that poison drink that *$ peddles.
- In Seattle is easy to locate sources of high quality meat. I use Thundering Hooves. There are several more.
- Keeping track of clean seafood is getting harder, so I tend to consume more pastured meat than seafood these days.
- I may try red wine later this year. Not really motivated at this time.
- I’m not 100% perfect on the lists above, but I am in high 90s. 🙂
UPDATE (March 22): Added lard, tallow, ghee, vegetable oil and dark chocolate to post.