Today I completed my first Disloyalty Card. The Disloyalty Card lists 10 independent coffee shops in the Seattle area. Before I announce my favorite three, I will say that I didn’t have a single bad espresso.
- Urban Coffee Lounge – The single origin espresso with the Indonesia Gajah Aceh was stellar. I liked it so much, I drove to Stumptown and bought 12 oz for my home espresso machine. Get out to Kirkland. It is worth the trip. Just watch out for the speed traps.
- Makeda Coffee – I love the Hula blend by Seven Roasters.
- Tougo Coffee – A perfectly pulled espresso using Stumptown’s Hair Bender blend.
Time to start Round #2.
Urban Coffee Lounge – Cups on the Wall
Have you completed your Disloyalty Card yet? What were your favorites?
Jun 1, 2010 — 7:01 pm
I haven’t completed my first card, but have already started a second one!
As you said they are all good. My preferences according to my personal taste of the espressos:
1. Urban Coffee Lounge (in both visits, in fact I’m amazed every time I go there)
3. Fonte (Ethiopia Nekeissi)
5. Equal Exchange
Jun 1, 2010 — 7:13 pm
I too had the Ethiopia Nekeissi at Fonte. Much better than their standard blend. I would have scored Neptune higher if I had their new blend. Instead I gambled on their SO Brazil. Not as good. Sometimes the SO Espresso gamble pays off, sometimes it doesn’t.